Monday, May 11, 2009

Any fans of.....

Any fans of Adam Lambert here?? Normally, I'm not much of a fan of TV, but I've been sewing BC bead quilts in the evenings for months now, so it's become TV time. Anyway, at the beginning of the season, I stumbled across American Idol and started watching it, though I had a tough time getting through the horrific singers at the beginning. At first I was somewhat interested in Danny Gokey because we both lost our spouses the past year, BUT after a week or so I found his singing boring and predictable. But Adam Lambert!!! OMG, that guy just blows me away with his vocals and star quality. I suppose, as a bead artist I admire his creativity and originality as well. And he enjoys wearing jewelry--I appreciate that. :) In my youth I was a die-hard Led Zeppelin fan, so when he nailed 'Whole Lotta Love' that made me an avid, rabid fan.

Anyway, though I feel a foolish ol' woman, I will be spending a couple of hours on voting like crazy Tuesday night for Adam Lambert. Anybody want to join me? It's free to vote. ;)

The BC quilts will be in the mail this week and I board the cruise ship next Wednesday, May 20.

Jeanette Shanigan
http://shanigansbeadshenanigans.com

3 comments:

flyingbeader said...

Definitely. I too love his take on music & loved the Led Zepplin he did. So put me on the ol' lady list too!

dot

Robin said...

Me too... I've been voting (over and over and over) for Adam every night since the season started. I'll think of you as I'm hitting the redial button tomorrow evening! No "foolish old ladies" here... just descriminating women with good taste for an original, creative and talented singer! Robin A.

pam T said...

Okay, gotta admit being a Milwaukee native spurred on the loyalty thing in me and I was a huge Danny Gokey fan, but the vocals of Adam, his GORGEOUS eyes and his sense of presence and style have caused me to LOVE Adam just a bit more. I was very sorry to see Gokey go, but Adam is clearly the winner here!